ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job requires frequent travel. 75% Travel. Must have a flexible schedule, a typical month consists of 3 weeks on the road and one week off.
Is responsible for teaching and assisting body shop staff with the usage of the software program and corresponding apps. Facilitating a smooth transition into the new system.
· Training the Parts Team to ensure a strong working knowledge, their expected daily responsibilities along with any needed deeper training, as necessary.
· Matching the new WIP to the pre-existing shop WIP, keeping thorough documentation as to all discrepancies.
· Teaching the Shop Technicians how to use and understand their needs of the system and or the corresponding apps in a one-on-one setting or in groups.
· A strong understanding of the program and the ability to answer any question or find needed answers to serve the customer.
· Assisting Director of Training in assorted other needed tasks when requested or as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma
Exceptional communication skills. Strong focus and attention to detail. Ability to take and deflect criticism. A personal enjoyment of customer service. Situational assessment skills to understand and react to a wide range of personalities. Ability to offer an empathetic approach to a difficult transition to a new management system.
Having collision center experience or with an OE Dealer would be preferred / Accounting background
Having a Tech background would be a major plus.
Reports to the Director of Training, who reports to the Director of Operations.